Attorney Leah Morrison will give two presentations as part of a one day conference called Trusts from A to Z: Understand All the Wealth Planning Options Available to Your Clients. The conference is set for Friday, Nov. 30, at the Holiday Inn Louisville East (Hurstbourne).
Leah Morrison will give two presentations during the conference: “What are Trusts? Main Trust Principles” and “Simple Testamentary Trusts and Revocable Living Trusts.”
The conference is designed for accountants, trust managers, attorneys, wealth managers and others in similar fields. Attorneys can receive Continuing Legal Education credit for attending in either Kentucky or Tennessee. Accountants, enrolled agents and financial planners can receive continuing education credit as well. See registration page for details.
A full description of the conference is below.
Planning your clients’ financial future and legacy is diverse and complex, with a unique tool for every unique client situation. In this fast-paced comprehensive program, our faculty will guide you through the plethora of trust options and give you a straightforward, incisive analysis of when and how each can be used for maximum effect. Explore the goals, functions, administration hurdles, and tax implications of the top trusts in the practice.
- Weigh all the pros and cons to select the best trust options for specific client situations.
- Anticipate tax consequences of various trusts.
- Use sample trust language our faculty provide to save drafting time and avoid mistakes.
- Clarify the powers and duties of trustees in different trusts.
- Compare living and testamentary trusts for straightforward estate planning.
- Distinguish between accounting and taxable income and learn how trust income tax is reported.
- Understand how recent tax laws changed the practice of marital trusts and learn when they are still useful.
- Review common ethical missteps that can cost you your license – and how to avoid them.