ELPO Law Attorney LaJuana Wilcher has been named as Vice Chair of Public Affairs in her role on the Board of Directors for the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce.
The Kentucky Chamber of Commerce represents 3,800 businesses ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. Its services include year-round lobbying, communication on business issues and publications and seminars on regulations and policies. It supports a dynamic business climate in the Commonwealth, works to advance Kentucky, and provides substantial value to its members by articulating a vision for Kentucky and providing advocacy, information, program management, and customer service in order to accelerate business creation, recruitment, expansion, and retention.
Attorney LaJuana S. Wilcher is an environmental attorney and partner at English, Lucas, Priest & Owsley, LLP in Bowling Green, Ky. During her career, she has been a trial lawyer, served in senior policy positions in the federal and state governments, taught law at Vanderbilt University Law School and Vermont Law School, and represented corporate, municipal and not-for-profit clients in private law practice throughout the country.
Nominated by President George H.W. Bush and confirmed by the U.S. Senate in 1989, Wilcher was USEPA’s senior official in the Office of Water, where she managed legislative, policy and program matters, and served as EPA’s lead representative in the $1.3 billion Exxon Valdez oil spill negotiations. She served as Assistant Administrator for Water at the EPA from 1989 to 1993.
She has counseled multinational corporations on strategic, policy, legislation and litigation matters. She has served as Cabinet Secretary for Kentucky’s Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet, which consolidated over 30 regulatory agencies, including the Departments of Environmental Protect, Labor, Financial Institutions, Insurance, Mine Safety and Alcoholic Beverage Control, as well as the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority, among others. Ms. Wilcher is currently serving as the Chair of the Board of Directors for the Federal Agriculture Mortgage Corporation (Farmer Mac).
Diane Medley, Executive Chairman and Co-Founder of MCM CPAs and Advisors, has been elected to serve as chairman of the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce for the 2022 term. Medley succeeds Winston Griffin, CEO and chairman of Laurel Grocery Company, whose term expired September 30.
Serving with Wilcher and Medley on the Chamber’s Executive Committee will be:
- Immediate Past Chair: Winston Griffin, Chairman of the Board/CEO, Laurel Grocery Company
- Vice Chair, Administration: Mike Castle, EVP, COO and CEO, Feed Division, Alltech, Inc.
- Vice Chair, Communications: Stephen Branscum, President & CEO, Branscum Construction Company
- Vice Chair, Membership and Business Services: Garren Colvin, CEO, St. Elizabeth Healthcare
- Vice Chair, Public Affairs: LaJuana Wilcher, Partner, English Lucas Priest & Owsley, LLP
- Treasurer: Scott Davis, Chairman and CEO, Field & Main Bank
- Small Business Representative: Condrad Daniels, President, HJI Supply Chain Solutions
- Chair, Kentucky Chamber Foundation: Candace McGraw, CEO, Cincinnati/Northern KY Int. Airport
- At-Large Member: Spencer Coates, President, Houchens Industries, Inc.
- At-Large Member: Susan Elkington, President, Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky
- At-Large Member: Mark Newman, Executive Vice President, UK HealthCare
- President & CEO: Ashli Watts, President & CEO, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
Newly Elected Directors include:
Shannon Arvin, President & CEO, Keeneland Association
Donovan Blackburn, CEO, Pikeville Medical Center
Melissa Norman Bork, Partner, Dentons Bingham Greenbaum LLP
Jim Coleman, Chairman & CEO, Coleman Crest Farm
John Crockett III, President, LG&E and KU Energy LLC
Jeb Duke, Regional President Kentucky Medicaid, Humana Inc.
Kimberly Halbauer, Kentucky Regional President, Fifth Third Bank, Kentucky
Deanna Herrmann, CEO, London-Laurel County Chamber of Commerce
Anthony Houston, CEO, CHI Saint Joseph Health
Nate Morris, Founder, Chairman & CEO, Rubicon Global
OJ Oleka, President, Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges & Universities
Hollie Spade, Director Legislative Affairs, AT&T
Sharon Votaw, SVP, Chief Human Resource Officer, Lexmark International, Inc.
A full board listing, including members continuing their terms, can be found online at kychamber.com.
For more information on LaJuana Wilcher, visit: https://www.elpolaw.com/attorneys/lajuana-s-wilcher/.