The ALA was founded in 1971 to provide support to professionals involved in the management of law firms, corporate legal departments and government legal agencies. The ALA is the premier professional association connecting leaders and managers within the legal industry. The ALA provides extensive professional development, collaborative peer communities, strategic operational solutions, and business partner connections empowering its members to lead the business of law.
The ALA also welcomed the following as incoming Directors to serve alongside Travis:
• Jerry G. McPeake, MSLA, of Minor & Brown PC in Denver, Colorado
• Clara E. Onderdonk of Ernstrom & Dreste, LLP, in Rochester, New York
• Geoffrey M. Williams, CLM, MBA, MDiv, of Cunningham Bounds, LLC, in Mobile, Alabama has been named ALA 2022-23 President-Elect.
Those who will continue to serve on the Board of Directors include:
• Michael T. Bumgarner, CLM, CPA, CGMA, Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso PLLC, Charleston, WV, Past President
• Sarah Evenson, JD, MBA, Barnes & Thornburg, LLP, Minneapolis, MN, President
• Eric Hightower, CLM, SPHR, Wright Constable & Skeen, LLP, Baltimore, MD
• Judith A. Hissong, CLM, PCC, Nesso Strategies, San Diego, CA
• Amanda R. Koplos, CLM, CPA, Shuffield Lowman & Wilson, PA, Orlando, FL
• Kevin S. Lee, JD, M.Div., City Attorney’s Office City of San Jose, San Jose, CA
• Holly K. Pulido, Slack Davis Sanger LLP, Austin, TX
• Karie Rivkin, CLM, Eichelbaum Wardell Hansen Powell & Munoz, PC, Austin, TX
As a member of the Board of Directors, Travis will participate in the strategic planning and policy setting decisions, serving the best interests of all members and the Association. He will be relied upon to advance the creative strategies that promote the mission of the ALA and inform members of the polices, programs and initiatives of the ALA. Individuals who commit to serve at this level of the Association are held to high standards of public decorum, dependability and service to the members.
Travis is a graduate of Western Kentucky University and holds designations as a CPA and CLM. Travis is a Past President, Vice President, and Treasurer of the ALA Middle Tennessee Chapter, and also previously served as the Conference Chair for the ALA Annual Conference and Expo in Texas in 2019. Locally, Travis is serving on the Board of Directors for the Hilltopper Athletic Foundation (HAF), has previously volunteered with the United Way of Southern Kentucky, on the Board of Directors for Family Enrichment Center, and is a graduate of Leadership Bowling Green.
Bob Young, Managing Partner of ELPO Law, says, “Travis’ leadership has been an integral part of growing ELPO Law to the firm it is today. His involvement in the ALA has given our firm the opportunity to not only stay current in the legal market, but has also led Travis to encourage our firm to embrace the changes that have propelled us forward in front on many issues.”
Travis says, “I’m humbled at my selection to serve the organization at this level and grateful to those who have supported me throughout my professional law firm management career. I am committed to doing whatever I can to help advance the goals of the ALA, so that it remains the undisputed leader in law firm management and continues to thrive in the years ahead.”